Annual Debut Fiction Prize
for novels, novellas and short story collections
We have overhauled our former novel prize to include all full-length fiction books. You can submit a novel or novella or short story collection.
- 1 year's free mentoring worth £1000 or (for those who have completed mentoring with us) 100 copies of the novel/collection + publishing contract.
- Open to those who have not had a novel or full-length short story collection previously published through a press. (Those who have self-published novels or collections may enter.)
- Adult and crossover novels only (no children's fiction).
- Judged by Adam Craig and Tracey Iceton.
- The fee is £12 per novel/story collection. Credit cards can be used on Paypal without an account, or pay by bank transfer in GBP.
- Submit only the first 10,000 words of the novel/novella or three short stories. Shortlisted entrants will be asked to send their full manuscript.
- Deadline: 31 July, 2018.
- International entrants welcome.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, via the form below, in .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf file formats only.
- Please ensure you have up-to_date virus protection before sending any files.
- Do not put any identification on the work. The website will match entries to your email.
- Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- We are unable to give feedback on individual entries or on the results of the competition — the judge's decisions are final.
- Results (within 3 months approximately) will be sent individually to all winners and runners-up, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter, so do sign up.